Well, Wanderers, the title says it all.
Last week, the lovely Maddie from Myriads of Blessings nominated me and The Mind That Wanders for something pretty sweet called the Liebster Award–it’s basically an award new bloggers give to other new bloggers when they love what they read. It’s meant to encourage people to read and follow smaller blogs, and promote a sense of community. Anyway, I’m writing a post about it a) ’cause I’m pretty flattered, not gonna lie, and b) this award comes with a few rules. Here they are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Display the award on your blog.
3. Provide ten random facts about yourself (optional)
4. Nominate 5-11 bloggers who you feel deserved this award and have less than 200 followers.
5. List these rules.
6. Inform nominees.
In accordance with the rules and without further adieu, here are the ten random facts about myself (which are optional, but I love random facts!):
Ten Random Facts
- I was convinced that I hated guacamole for 10 years because I didn’t like the look of it when I first saw it as a kid. I tried it for the first time at 20 years old and realized that guacamole was, in fact, what my soul had been missing for so long.
- Though I was raised in and out of the church growing up, I didn’t actually understand the gospel or commit my life to Jesus until I was 18 years old on October 6th, 2011.
- When I was a very young child, I used to love to write, direct, and act in plays with my little sister Emily (I had always been theatrically inclined). On one very memorable occasion, I was feeding her the lines I had given her, and then I said, “If you can’t say it right, then get out of the business.”
- I switched majors twice in college (the best–okay, #12–university in America, Northwestern, GO ‘CATS): at the end of my freshman year I switched from theatre to secondary education, and then, halfway through senior year, I left secondary education and changed my major to creative writing.
- I am an ENFP on the Myers-Briggs, a Type 2 wing 3 on the Enneagram, and my Top 5 Strengths are Empathy, Woo, Communication, Positivity, and Input. On a related note, I enjoy personality tests.
- I have anxiety and AD/HD. Two years ago I started seeing a therapist and it is one of the best decisions I have ever made. (Besides Jesus. And guacamole.)
- Besides blogging, I love to sing (I’ve sung in musicals, choirs, solo performances, and in worship band). I also love to write (fiction, non-fiction, poetry, in my journal) and read (literary fiction, magical realism, Christian non-fiction, and Harry Potter of course). Other hobbies include: watching lots of movies and good TV (lately I’ve been really into BBC mysteries like Poirot and Father Brown), drawing and coloring, smartphone photography, and going on Pinterest because secretly think I missed my calling as a wedding planner/interior designer.
- I am a Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie with a cedar wand, 12 and 1/4 inches, unicorn hair core, slightly springy flexibility. Also my Patronus is a swallow. And did I mention I love Harry Potter?
- I don’t really like cake very much. Unless it’s cheesecake. Or German chocolate cake. Or carrot cake. Or any kind of fruity cake, like apple or pear….Okay I guess I do like cake, but only if it’s non-traditional cake…?
- I cannot, in fact, curl my tongue. I’m flawed. SUE ME.
Okay, and for the final part of this blog, here are my five nominees for the Liebster Award! Some of them haven’t written in a while (hint hint…get going, y’all! We need your writing), but the posts they have written have encouraged me more than they know. Check their blogs out and give them a follow!
Milana @ Practical Buoyancy
Misty @ Charlie’s Song
Olivia @ desert omer
Amber @ Illuminating God’s Design
Danny @ Unfolding Narrative